Sunday, July 13, 2014

Two weeks in

So just over two weeks ago I arrived here in Oxford. So hard to believe that it's only been two weeks and yet it also feels like no time at all.

I'm getting used to having to translate myself to everyone. I had to mime in the supermarket to my roommate Jayla a couple days ago. I should be picking a Canadian accent any day now. The North Americans have fallen in love with Tim Tams and Fabulicious lollies, which they call Fabby sticks. Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Tams and "Fabby sticks" become the new currency here on base. Tim Tam Slams were our initiation and have been a favourite ever since.

Tim Tam Slam time
Oh yeah I also had my birthday. I am now 22. The boys played 22 by Taylor Swift for me at breakfast. It was also played as my birthday cupcakes were being brought out. I had a good day that included coffee at Seagers (Jo Seager's cafe) and finding out our outreach locations!

So the outreach locations are *drumroll* Queenstown and Vanuatu or Malaysia and the Philippines. We're keeping quiet about where we're going until it's all confirmed and such (which should be soon). Both locations will have incredible times of outreach and will really see God move. I'm excited.

We've only been skiing (or snowboarding) twice so far due to a lack of snow. Please pray for more snow so we can go enjoy God's creation and make friendships with both those that work on the mountain and the local snowboarding community.
Not a lot of snow yet.

Jayla and I on our first day up the mountain.
It's cool to see what God's doing in all of our lives. For me personally I feel that my foundations are being strengthened and that my confidence is growing. I'm being drawn more to the secret place and experiencing greater measures of His presence and rest there. We had an amazing worship session on Wednesday night that was almost like being back at Dunedin Elim. As a school it's exciting to see the growth and passion developing.

I think that sums up most of it.
Kaitlin x

No comments:

Post a Comment