Monday, September 8, 2014

Wait, what?

So remember that time when I said I was going to update this thing regularly? Yup, that was about two months ago. Oops. Seriously I can't believe I've been here for two and a half months already and our amazing little school splits up in less than a week for outreach.

So first of all I think I should tell you where I'm going. Well first off we were team Queenuatu (Queenstown and Vanuatu).
Team Queenuatu!
Then, a week or so later, things got switched around. We were still going to Queenstown, but Vanuatu had turned out to be in need of a second year school outreach group. Philippines were keen to have another team headed their way, so we became team Philitown or Queenippines or whatever else you can think of.
Team Philitown!
Look how much happier we all look in the second photo! These photos show the difference that a week can make here in YWAM. It's incredible. I feel like so much has happened that so much time must have passed. I catch myself thinking "Was that only three months ago?" yet at the same time the past two and a half months here have flown by so fast. I'm excited for the next season but also sad to see this one go.

One really cool thing that happened was "The Year of the Kiwi". Little did I know when I first arrived, that this year YWAM Oxford is offering discounted lecture phase fees to Kiwi students. So I got a significant portion off my lecture fees that then went into my outreach fees. A massive thank you to everyone who helped support me in getting here both prayerfully and financially. It means so much and I feel so blessed.

The first month here was a season of strengthening my foundations. I felt that although I already had a good foundation, but any cracks where there was something missing were getting filled in. This last month has been learning more about myself and who God calls me to be. I won't go into details here, but feel free to ask me in person/facebook/calling/texting/whatever. I'm still in New Zealand for the next three and a half weeks so I will still have my phone with all it's capabilities. 

After been surrounded with non-NZ accents for the last two and a half months, I now understand why you can start to miss the Kiwi accent. There has been times when a fellow Kiwi has arrived on base and I have been so excited to talk to them just for the accent. When in Queenstown I was asked by a guy from Paihia if I was from Canada. Close mate. 

Oh yeah so we were in Queenstown for two weeks. It was funny, I almost felt at home being back in Otago for a bit. Even if it was Central Otago, it was still Otago. We had lectures there in the Presbyterian church and went skiing (or snowboarding) a few times. It was so cool seeing other people experience Queenstown for the first time. Everyone loved it. I'm so excited for the YWAM Queenstown base starting up there and what they're going to bring to the town.

So that's all I can think of mentioning now. I'll write another update once in Queenstown (for real this time).


No comments:

Post a Comment